“When I seek out professional advice, I don’t want B.S. I want it straight up, with no double talk. I figure do also. I always use plain English, with no sugarcoating no B.S lawyer talk, and no double talk- just old fashioned, unsweetened, unvarnished truth-just the way that I would want it.” - Seafarers International Union Lawyer: Bill Turley
The First Step
When handling your Jones Act Case, you must always tell the truth. Nothing is more important then your credibility. If a judge assumes you are being dishonest, your case will be thrown out and you will be left with nothing. I have seen it happen to many people.
The Next Step
Take the proper steps now, and do your research. Order my free book, Win your Injury Case: The Ultimate No B.S. Guide To Avoiding Insurance Company Tricks That Ruin Your Case [even before you hire a lawyer].
This book is loaded with TONS of information on winning your Jones Act Case.
The Seafarers International Union, Atlantic, Gulf, Lakes and Inland Waters District/NMU, AFL-CIO, represents unlicensed United States merchant mariners sailing aboard U.S.-flag vessels in the deep sea, Great Lakes and inland trades. The union also represents licensed U.S. mariners in the Great Lakes and inland sectors.
SIU members sail in the three shipboard departments: deck, engine and steward. Seafarers International Union work aboard a wide variety of vessels, including commercial containerships, barges, cargo ships, and tankers, military support ships, tugboats and barges, passenger ships, gaming vessels and many more.
The SIU is the largest North American union representing merchant mariners.
What We Do for Injured Seaman
We have been helping injured Jones Act Seaman for over 20 years. We help injured Seaman win their Jones act cases. We help prove your employer or vessel owner is legally responsible for your injuries. We make sure you receive maximum monetary compensation for your injuries and damages. You have the right to be adequately compensated for your injuries.
Generally, all of our case are contingency fee cases. Meaning we don't get paid unless we win. We have found this system provides us with the necessary incentive to win.
Many clients don't understand the services we provide our clients. Here is a partial list of what we do for our Jones Act clients:
- help you get the best medical treatment you need
- help you get all the diagnostic tests you need
- help you receive all the maintenance benefits you are entitled to
- make sure the medical bill collectors follow proper law and get paid by the insurance company
- serve claims information with the insurance company and your employer
- file an application with the WCAB when needed
- explain to you your rights and legal options
- encourage regular communications to keep you informed of your case
- investigate how your injury was caused
- deal with the insurance company and the adjuster
- serve subpoenas to gather medical records
- serve subpoenas to gather employment records
- inspect accident scenes, unseaworthy vessels and the like
- interview and retain the experts needed to win your case
- help develop the evidence you need to win your case
- advance costs
- help you prepare for the defense medical examination
- interview witnesses
- take depositions of witnesses
- serve interrogatories
- serve demand for production of documents
- serve requests for admissions
- respond to interrogatories
- respond to demand for production of documents
- respond to requests for admissions
- prepare you for your deposition
- defend you at your deposition
- respond to defense motions
- develop strategies on how to settle your case
- attend mediations and settlement conferences
- inspect the vessel for unseaworthiness
- develop strategies for your trial
- subpoena witnesses and evidence for trial
- present evidence to your jury
- research legal issues which are in dispute in your case
- talk to the Judge and/or Jury for you
- handle all court related events and details
- fight for your rights from the beginning of your case to the end.
- help you get your life back together
- do whatever it takes to win your case (within ethics, of course)
- we give you peace of mind
Let Our Experienced Team Handle It
You have been in a serious vessel injury or you have a work injury that has gotten worse over time. We will help you through this difficult time. When we take care of dealing with the insurance company, make sure you get the best medical treatment available, make sure you get your weekly maintenance check - - this allows you the time and attention to getting better.
We know nothing is more important to you and your family than your health. You need to get the best recovery possible so you can provide for your families future. Whether you have a catastrophic vessel injury, brain injury, burn injury, spinal cord injury, back injury, an amputation, RSD, hand injury, foot injury , hip injury or knee injury from an injury incident at a ship accident, the SIU lawyers at The Turley Law Firm will handle your Jones Act claim. We will help guide you through the Jones Act legal process and procedures to ensure you get all the maritime benefits you are entitled to under maritime law.
We Can Help - Today
The Turley & Mara Law Firm, APLC and our staff are ready to help you immediately. You deserve help from a lawyer who understands your situation and how to help you in this difficult time. We fight hard to get you the best medical care. We fight hard to get you all the compensation which you are entitled under the law. Our goal is help you get your life back together.
Call 619-234-2833 or 866-705-4617 or email us.
Priority One: You
One of our bedrock principals is the making you, the client, our number one priority. We know that when the client comes first, we will continue to be a successful law firm.
A Guide For You and Your Family
At The Turley & Mara Law Firm, APLC we promise to guide you through the complex legal process. This will allow you the time that is necessary to heal and get better. We will work hard to make sure you do not become a victim a second time by settling for less compensation than what you are rightfully due under the law. Contact us today so we can start helping you.
It's not what people say about themselves ... it is what other people say about them that you should consider...
2011 - 2017 Super Lawyer - Jones Act
Highest Rated Jones Act Attorney by Avvo.com San Diego / San Francisco
Invited Speaker at 2011 Maritime Personal Injury Seminar - Jones Act
Elected President of Consumer Attorneys
New York Times Top Attorney
We Are Committed To Helping You in Four Ways
1. Confident and helpful counsel to help you get the best medical treatment possible.
2. Fight to help you get all the maintenance benefits you are entitled to under the law.
3. A lawyer that will help you get the opportunity to recover from your injuries so that you can get your life back.
4. A seasoned maritime injury analysis to help you maximize your recovery.
Getting the fair compensation you deserve under maritime laws almost always requires the help of an experienced maritime attorney. Our job is to apply the law to the facts of your case, stop the insurance company from getting away with their shenanigans and fight for you every step of the way to make sure you get every dime you are entitled to under maritime law.
Call 619-234-2833 or 866-705-4617 or email us.
San Francisco Office
275 Battery St. Suite 1300
San Francisco, California, 94111
Los Angeles Office
3255 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1801
Los Angeles, California 90010
San Diego Office
7428 Trade St.
San Diego, California 92121
Disclaimer: Please understand these discussions and/or examples are not legal advice. All legal situations are different. This testimonial, endorsement and/or discussion does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter, your particular case/ situation and/or this particular case/ situation. Thanks, Bill Turley