“When I seek out professional advice, I don’t want B.S. I want it straight up, with no double talk. I figure do also. I always use plain English, with no sugarcoating no B.S lawyer talk, and no double talk- just old fashioned, unsweetened, unvarnished truth-just the way that I would want it.” -Bill Turley
The First Step
When handling your work injury case, nothing matters more than the honest truth. Nothing. You must be straightforward and honest about your case. I have seen many instances where a client will sugarcoat their injury and the courts throw out the case. Why? All because they were not honest from the get-go.
The Next Step
If you've been injured on the job, you probably have a ton of questions. I understand. You are concerned about your family and your livelihood. My suggestion is the next step you should take before anything else is to read my book, Win Your Injury Case. I wrote it to help folks like you, good people who got hurt on the job. You can order a free copy and I will cover the shipping too.
Need Help Today?
Call 619-234-2833 or 866-705-4617 Or email us.
Forklift Accident Lawyer: What are the causes of Forklift Accidents?
Forklifts are used all over America on construction sites and industrial settings. Each year, forklift truck accidents account for thousands of severe injuries or deaths in the United States. Forklift accidents are usually very serious. Oftentimes, forklift accidents result in leg or foot amputations.
A forklift is often the most dangerous piece of equipment used in a manufacturing facility, warehouse, grocery store, or construction site. Although heavy, their small size makes them prone to falling over on uneven surfaces, and their speed can contribute to collisions with people and property. Forklifts are usually operated in areas where there are pedestrians, whom are usually workers. Thus, a majority of forklift accident victims are workers.
The forklift load often obscures visibility for the forklift operator while going forward. Thus, with a load, forklifts should usually be operated going backwards. Sometimes traveling backwards creates blind spots for the operator whom has to operate the forklift while looking over their shoulder.
Causes of forklift accidents
- The forklift tipping over from overloading weight limits.
- Employees or pedestrians being hit by forklifts.
- The load falling off of the forklift.
- Forklifts being used improperly to elevate people - being used as personnel lifts.
- Forklifts accidentally being driven off loading docks.
- Forklifts being used with a jib boom. Thus, the forklift is turned into a crane. Thus load swings and either hits workers or causes the forklift to tip over.
- Improper or no forklift maintenance such as malfunctioning of the brakes, steering, transmission, or hydraulic system.
- Missing or malfunctioning safety devices can contribute to a forklift accident.
- Lack of roll over protection system which will prevent the forklift operator from being thrown or crushed in the event the forklift tips over.
- Improper workplace design for forklift operation such as narrow or crowded aisles, a high level of foot traffic where the forklift is operated, vision obstructions, and other workplace conditions such as light and noise are all hazards that may contribute to a forklift accident.
- Loss of forklift control by the operator.
- Traveling too fast and causing the forklift to tip over.
- Improper training.
Forklifts and OSHA
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) maintain a variety of measures that govern the use of forklifts for companies that fall under federal jurisdiction. Individual states over the years have developed State Occupational Safety and Health Administration plans as well. California OSHA, for example has forklift safety requirements, such as, Cal. Code of Regulations Title 8 CCR § 3650.
Forklift Design Defects
In many instances, forklift accidents are caused by defective design or unsafe design. The forklift itself may be designed defectively. For example, the forklift may not be equipped with proper roll over protection or overhead fall protection. Or equipment used with the forklift - - such as a jib boom - - may cause serious injury or death.
Forklifts are very, very dangerous vehicles. Every year workers are needlessly injured or killed in forklift accidents across America. If you or a loved one is seriously injured or killed in a forklift accident a prompt and thorough investigation by an experienced forklift accident lawyer should be conducted in order to determine the cause.
San Diego Forklift Accident Lawyer
San Diego Forklift Accident Lawyer Bill Turley has been practicing California Work Injury Law since 1986. He is a leading San Diego Forklift Accident Attorney and has been handling forklift accidents since the 1980's. He is Past President of Consumer Attorneys of San Diego and is on the Board of Governors of the Consumer Attorneys of California. Bill frequently lectures and is published on California Third Party Work Injury Attorney issues.
A Guide For You and Your Family
At The Turley & Mara Law Firm, APLC we promise to guide you through the complex workers compensation legal process. This will allow you the time that is necessary to heal and get better. We will work hard to make sure you do not become a victim a second time by settling for less compensation than what you are rightfully due under California workers compensation law. Contact us today so we can start helping you.
Offering Clients Peace of Mind
When you are seriously injured in a work place accident, you need to know your attorneys are doing everything they possibly can to get you the best medical treatment and current benefits. You need to know that your legal rights are being vigorously protected. You need to sleep at night knowing you have the best lawyer for your case. We can give you that kind of peace of mind. What lawyer you select makes all the difference in whether you prevail in your workers compensation injury case. We have been helping California workers and their families since the 1980's. We put the client first. Always.
Why Trust The Turley & Mara Law Firm, APLC
* Since 1987, The Turley & Mara Law Firm, APLC has worked tirelessly to help their clients recover. This includes recovering from their Work injury and/or personal injury physically, emotionally and monetarily
* Their firm is respected throughout California's legal community and courts
* The highest rated San Diego Workers Compensation Lawyer in San Diego by AVVO.com
* Voted Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney in San Diego
* Elected President of the Consumer Attorneys of San Diego
* Elected to Board of Governors of Consumer Attorneys of California
* Lectures to other lawyers.
* Consumer Attorneys of San Diego Trial Master
* Super Lawyer 2011 - 2017
Disclaimer: Please understand these discussions and/or examples are not legal advice. All legal situations are different. This testimonial, endorsement and/or discussion does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter, your particular case/ situation and/or this particular case/ situation. Thanks, Bill Turley