"California workers compensation is incredibly unfair. Seriously injured workers have a tough row to hoe. Anyone tells you different - they aren't being straight up with you and your family." Bill Turley
The First Step
When handling your work injury case, nothing matters more than the honest truth. Nothing. You must be straightforward and honest about your case. I have seen many instances where a client will sugarcoat their injury and the courts throw out the case. Why? All because they were not honest from the get-go.
The Next Step
If you've been injured on the job, you probably have a ton of questions. I understand. You are concerned about your family and your livelihood. My suggestion is the next step you should take before anything else is to read my book, Win Your Injury Case. I wrote it to help folks like you, good people who got hurt on the job. You can order a free copy and I will cover the shipping too.
Need help right now?
Call us today at (619) 234-2833 or you can fill out the contact form on this web page.
What Can I Expect?
Here is what you can expect if you are a seriously injured worker in California (or why you need to see if you have a third party work injury case):
- Low temporary total disability benefits (commonly called "workers comp checks").
- Consistently late workers comp checks.
- A constant struggle to receive basic medical treatment.
- A Utilization Review procedure quagmire that provides legal cover for the California workers compensation insurance carrier, allowing them to get away with not providing vital medical treatment and leaving you out in the cold.
- Being sent to a "company doctor" that finds every worker "fit for duty."
- Having your workers comp check cut-off for no apparent reason.
- A "Paperless System" that requires twice the paper work than with the old paper system.
- A system that places "procedure" over "justice" with "justice" not even coming in a close second.
- Ridiculously low permanent disability awards. (So low that many workers receive less than $10,000 even though they are so badly injured they can't return to work at any type of job they have ever held before).
If you are a seriously injured worker in California you should seek legal assistance. Remember this, the insurance company hires good lawyers - - the only chance you have at recovering compensation for your work injury is hiring a good lawyer.
Don't Lie, Fudge, Exaggerate or The Like
The most important rule for seriously injured workers in California: Tell the truth. Don't try to fudge or exaggerate or whatever. It is the best way to ruin your case. Always tell the truth.
Disclaimer: Please understand these discussions and/or examples are not legal advice. All legal situations are different. This testimonial, endorsement and/or discussion does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter, your particular case/ situation and/or this particular case/ situation. Thanks, Bill Turley