Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 866-705-4617
Phone: 619-234-2833
The Turley & Mara Law Firm, APLC

How do I begin my Longshore Act Claim?

File With The US Department of Labor

Generally, you need to file a Claim Form with the US Department of Labor. Either an LS-201 and/or LS-203.

Be sure to serve (mail a copy with a proof of service) to the employer/ carrier.

How do I begin my longshore act claim

“Ill tell you what the public likes more than anything. It’s the rarest commodity in the world- honesty”- Merle Haggard

The Best thing you can do for you and your family while dealing with your Longshore Act Injury, is to always tell the truth. No matter what. Your case depends on your honesty. If a judge suspects you are not being honest , then your case will be thrown out. 

I have seen it many times in court. Trust me. Do not start a little white lie. Just be honest with your attorney and honest about your injury, and you will be better off. 

Order my free book, Win Your Injury Case: The Ultimate No B.S. Guide To Avoiding Insurance Company Tricks That Ruin Your Case [even before you hire a lawyer] It is full of helpful and useful information that will teach you what to do and not what to do when handling your Longshore Act Case.  Do your research folks, and you will succeed in court.

Need Help Right Now?

Call us today at (619) 234-2833. We are here to help.


William Turley
“When I seek out professional advice, I don’t want B.S., I want it straight up. I figure you do also.”

Live Chat