2018 Current Weekly Compensation Rate for Defense Base Act Claims
Every year in October, the compensation rate (that is the weekly benefit that you get from the DBA insurance company) is adjusted.
If you have a Defense Base Act claim, you are entitled to weekly compensation benefits. Each year the DBA weekly compensation benefits are increased. What your weekly benefits you receive from the DBA insurance company will largely depend on your date of injury.
The current DBA compensation rate: for injuries occurring between 10/1/2017 and 9/30/2018 is $1471.78.
The compsensation rate for injuries occuring between10/01/2016 and 9/30/2017 is $1,436.48
The compensation rate from 10/01/2015 to 9/30/2016 is $1,406.00
The compensation rate for injuries occuring between 10/01/2014 and 9/30/02014 is $1,377.02
What You Need To Know
1. You always have to tell the truth. The DBA insurance company is hoping you will lie, fib, exaggerate, embellish, and/or distort about things. Anything. Because when you do they will try and destroy your credibility. When that happens successfully - you lose.
2. Just because you have a legitimate claim doesn’t mean the insurance company is going to provide you with weekly compensation benefits and medical treatment. They deny legitimate claims all the time. It’s usually not a matter of “if” they will deny your claim, but “when.”
3. You need to be prepared right now for the day when your claim is going to be denied and your are going to be cut off. Waiting until after it happens will cost you a lot of money.
4. You aren’t going to beat the insurance company’s shark attorneys by yourself. They will eat you up and spit you out. You don’t have to hire my firm. But you MUST find and hire an honest DBA lawyer that will agree to take your case.
5. Get a FREE copy of my book, Win Your Defense Base Act Case. It will walk you step by step through what you need to know and do to win your DBA case.